At a high school, a teacher gave an out of the ordinary quiz to his students. The teacher brought two papers, each of which contains 5 questions. Then, he read the 5 questions on the first paper to be answered by his students. The questions were:
- Name the 5 richest people in the world
- Name the 5 Academy Award winners for best actor category in the last 5 years
- Name the 5 Miss Universe winners who you know
- Name 5 people who have won Nobel Peace
- Name 5 people who have a discovery in physics
Apparently the students had difficulty answering those questions. Then the teacher said, "many of us can't remember the headliners of yesterday. They are people who have extraordinary achievements. They are the best in their respective fields. But after the applause stops, their accomplishments fade, their trophies and certificates become obsolete and buried with them so they will begin to be forgotten."
Then, the teacher read the next 5 questions. The questions were:
- Name 5 teachers who have helped you in your journey as a student
- Name 5 friends who always console and support you in your hard time
- Name 5 figures who have inspired your life
- Name 5 people who made you feel special
- Name 5 friends you enjoy spending time with.
When answering these questions, they could write it all without any difficulty. The teacher smiled ans said, "you have just learned something important for your life that people who are very meaningful to you and will always be remembered are not the ones who have the most awards, the most money, as well as the most achievements. They are people who care about you, who have influence and make a difference in your life, and always be on your side when the rest of the world walks out.
"Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down." - Oprah Winfrey