Everyone has their own strengths, but does everyone realize that? No.
Everyone has their own dreams, but does everyone have tried make it happen? No.
Everyone wants to succeed, but does everyone have tried to take the first step to get there? No.
No one thought to climb up Mt. Everest until Edmund Hillary did it.
No one thought human could fly until Orville and Wilbur Wright discovered a device called airplane.
And Justin Bieber won't be famous like now if he didn't post a video on Youtube. It all started from a dream.
What is the factor that often prevents a person to achieve his dream? Taking the first step. People make a mental block on their mind by limiting their own ability and it prevents them to take the first step. Statements like:
- I'm waiting for the right time to take the first step.
- I'm waiting until I've good skill to take the first step.
- I don't know where to start.
- I won't be able, it's too difficult for me.
Those are the examples of statements that prevent someone to take the first step. But the facts are:
- Time will never be right because if you always wait and get used to it, you will always find a reason that prevents you to move.
- We gain good skills when we're doing something. As the saying goes, experience is the best teacher. Will you be able to play musical instruments just by reading books? No, right?
- Begin your journey by searching for some information, doing some research, and then start making plans. Yes, the best way to start something is to plan and do it one by one. Don't be confused!
- Words like 'I won't be able' is a mental block that you have to get rid of from your thought, because thinking about failure will limit your creativity badly. One thing you must realize is everyone who does something for the first time will face so many difficulties, it's normal. Don't afraid! People who struggle to overcome difficulties will be a creative person.
The conclusion of the 4 points above are, you have to start moving NOW. Don't get trapped in your dreams. So, how to take the first step to achieve your dreams?
1. Make a plan and preparation to reach your dream.
A good plan and preparation will help your journey a lot. Are you able to survive climbing Mt. Everest only with a piece a bread as your food? By failing to prepare, you're preparing to fail.
2. Do it now
Take one step at a time. Although you have a big dream, you better realize the small things in advance so that you're not overwhelmed. Since this is your first experience, you will certainly find much trouble and make mistakes. Learn from your mistakes.
3. Do it right
Once you learn from your mistakes, then you have to do it right.
4. Do it better
When you are able to do it right, then the next step is to improve the quality and innovate to create something better.
If you've done the 4 things above, then you've just taken the first step. You've already on the right track to success, the next step will be easier. Remember! Do it first, do it right, do it better!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" - Lao Tzu